Scenes from the ceiling of the Kaiserjaeger chapel

Andreas Hofer meets God face to face: painting in the Kaiserjaeger chapel.

The building constructed between 1845 and 1848 was originally intended as the headquarters of the local militia. It has housed the Kaiserjaeger Museum since 1880 and was enlarged in the 1990's. The so-called Urich House, an administration building and recreation club for the Kaiserjaeger officers, was built about the same time as the Hofer memorial. More buildings were added on the occasions of the commemorative celebrations in the years 1909 and 1959.