Plans for the restaurant in 1925.

Josef Hackl, the innkeeper of the "Goldener Adler" in Innsbruck, purchased the painting along with the rotunda in 1924. The following year, he added a restaurant. The painting changed private ownership several times until the late 1970's, when the Raiffeisen Landesbank Tirol finally bought and completely renovated it. Today the rotunda on the Inn River welcomes more than 100,000 visitors each year.